A signature for Flexform in 70s the little Maxi chair, no longer in production
A graduate of Milan’s Polytechnic University in 1951, after an internship at Giò Ponti’s firm, she started a long collaboration with Marco Zanuso. She started her own professional activity in 1963, doing civil architecture and industrial design. In Italy and abroad she designed single-family homes, apartments, museum exhibits, offices and shops, dedicating great attention to the study of functionality of space and the psychological relationship between man and the environment. In the area of industrial design, she has specialized in designing elements for furnishing and components for building.
Various creations of hers are present in museums and international expositions. She has lectured and taught at various Italian and international institutions and universities, including Berkeley, Barcellona, at the Nucleo del Deseno Industrial di Sao Paulo, at the College of Architecture in Rio de Janeiro, at the Cranbrook School of Detroit, at the Southern California Institute of Architecture of Vico Marcote (CH), at the Pacific Design Center and at UCLA in Los Angeles, at the Academy of Architecture in Mendrisio, University of Italian Switzerland.
In `81 ’83 at the Faculty of Architecture at the Milan Polytechnic, she held courses of “architectural design” and “industrial design and furniture”.
She is a member of the Board of Directors of the XVI Triennale in Milan.
She has participated in many juries for international competitions and received numerous international prizes.
She was nominated as an honorary member of ADI, 2012.